E Cigarette Number Crunch
Although there is a lot of myth and misinformation about e cigarettes circulating in the public sphere, more and more research is being done into the health and social implications of this comparatively new technology. The results of these research projects is gradually building up a clearer picture of e cigarette use and culture, and although there are still plenty of sceptics, the statistics suggest that there are plenty of advantages for smokers who choose to make the switch to e cigarettes. In this article, we take a look at just some of the more recent research findings which examined a range of different elements associated with e cigarette use.
11 seconds is the average amount of time vapour took to evaporate according French scientists. The same study found that cigarette smoke lasted for 20 minutes.
- 91% Of smokers who made the switch over to e-cigarettes tended to have improved health according to an independent study done by university researchers. 97% of the study group also had reduced or completely eliminated chronic coughs, 80% had an improved sense of smell, and 73% reported a better sense of taste
- $50 billion US dollars is the projected worth of the global e cigarette market by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate of 22.36%
- E-cigarettes are 95% less harmful than traditional tobacco products, according to an independent evidence review published by Public Health England
- 44% of the general population in the UK believe e cigarettes are as harmful as tobacco products
- There are around 20 different chemicals present in a bottle of e-juice, there are over 3600 present in cigarettes * 31-43% of users prefer fruit flavoured e liquids
- 31% of smokers who tried e cigarettes quit smoking within 6 months
- 7.2 billion cigarette butts are littered in Australia every year. By contrast, electronic cigarettes produce very little waste, with the average customizer lasting 15-20 longer than a cigarette.
- The greatest (20%) proportion of electronic cigarette users are aged between 35 and 44 according to a UK survey
- E cigarettes are 40% cheaper than conventional tobacco products and have the potential to save you $1,387 USD per year according to a NerdWallet survey.
- There are around 7,000 different e liquid flavours
Vaphilia stock a wide range of mods, devices, e liquids and accessories. Shop with us online or get in touch with us by calling 03 9528 2548.